1.31.2006

I hate weather

Today it sleeted, then hailed, and now it's snowing. The wind chill is pretty bitter too. Last night I went to a meeting of the Cultural Consortium. The student groups on campus are divded into like 6 (I'm guessing) consortiums, and Step About Boston, my dance club, is in the cultural one (although I think we should be in the performance consortium because although we started as an Irish culture club, all we do is dance). Anyway, every club has to send a rep to the consortium meetings, and I'm that rep. We talked a whole lot about collaborative events being planned for this semester. The International Students Consortium (which isn't a technical consortium, just a club) is having a benefit concert to aid Pakistani relief efforts, and all the cultural clubs pretty much agreed to help them sell tickets and publicize the event. They've got some ambassador coming to speak at it, too, so I'm impressed. Anyway, I ramble. Tonight I have the first of my weekly Tri Delta meetings. I don't actually go to the full chapter meetings, which are on Sundays, just the new member ones. There's only like 11 of us, and the meeting's only half an hour long, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Oh, so Step About Boston now has a website: Step About Boston There's not a whole lot on it, but in the gallery section you can download a video of us dancing last semester. The sound is about a second ahead of the video, but it still looks pretty cool. I'm the one in the second set of dancers all the way on the left (I'm cut out of the shot during much of it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home