12.19.2005

nearing the end of finals...

Two finals down, one to go. I have Economic Geography tomorrow from 3-5pm. I've already studied way more than I need to, though, because I don't have much else to do. Most of my friends have gone home by now anyway. Ryan and I saw Narnia on Saturday night, but only because King Kong sold out. I've wanted to see Narnia for a while, but Ryan wasn't that enthusaistic. We both really liked it though; I don't remember enough about the books to be disappointed by the movie in that respect.

Yesterday at Gap a group of singers came in and sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," except it was changed to "Gap Sweatshops are Coming to Town." They had multiple verses of it, too. I heard my manager asking them to go outside with him, and eventually they did, but I think it might have been because they ran out of lyrics. The guy I was ringing up at the register asked if things like that happened all the time; I've never seen anything like it, but apparently another girl who has worked at Gap a long time said she's seen it a few times. I don't think people would go into Banana Republic and protest like that, but it's owned by the same company, and the stuff is all probably made in the same sweatshops.

It was supposed to snow today, and it still says there's a chance for it, but it's completely sunny outside. I'm glad.. If it snowed there would be snow frozen on the ground at least until I leave on Thursday, and I've to lug my suitcase through all of that. The other day it got up to 40 degrees, so the previous snow melted for the most part. I'm looking forward to going to Missouri, where the highs are the 40s for the first few days I'll be there.

Christmas is in 6 days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home