11.08.2005

Fall is here

Fall is here at last. On Saturday, Ryan and I went out to lunch and then walked around a bit so I could take pictures of the autumnal city. I posted some of them on gathkinsons.net, but not all of them. They began to get a little repetative. Apparently this season is a lot less spectacular than most New England falls, because of all the weird weather. It snowed like crazy about a week and a half ago, and then was 70 degrees the next day.

I've finally gotten some grades back in my lit class. I got a B on my first paper, and an A on the midterm. The first paper isn't worth that much though, the midterm is worth a lot more and even the next paper that we'll write will be more points. Plus, I participate like crazy in there, and that's worth 10% of the final grade. I was a little disappointed on the paper grade, though, since I've been managing to get As on my papers for my writing class, which I consider much more challenging. Looking back, though, the paper wasn't really that good, but all of the prompts were pretty dry. Speaking of papers, I turned in another one for my writing class today. My life feels like it's measured in paper due dates.

I'm all set to register for spring classes. Freshmen register on November 20th, which is a big day. Registration, my dad's birthday, and I have an Irish dance performance. Anyway, I'm planning on taking an English seminar that takes the place of the second writing class we're all required to take, a Spanish conversation and composition class, a graphic design studio, and Art History. I've been considering also taking a dance class, but as I'm planning on playing in the orchestra next semester, I don't know if I want to take on too much.

This is a three day weekend for us, coming up. Lots of my friends are going places, mainly to New York, it seems. My friend Michelle is from NYC, and one weekend I'd like to take the bus down there with her and explore the city. I've only been there to change planes, and all airports look the same (except the memphis airport, that one sucks). Friday is Ryan's and my one and a half year anniversary, and he's taking me to see Rockapella. Ryan didn't even know they sang the Carmen San Diego song, and that's all anybody else does know about them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't know Rockapella sang the Carmen San Diego song? What else have they done? Geez.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice fall pics on gathkinsons.net. By the way, the pictures are sorted alphabetically by file name in an album -- that's why I put stuff like ab, ac, ad, etc. in front of my file names, so I can control the order in which they appear.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home