12.13.2005

Classes are over!

Yay! Yesterday was my last day of classes! Now we have a "study period" today and tomorrow, and finals begin on Thursday. My first final is on Friday, for dramatic lit, and my other one is next Tuesday, for economic geography. I already had one for Spanish split between last Friday and yesterday, and my writing class doesn't have a final, just a final paper, which was due yesterday. So two more tests and then I'm home free. Well I don't go home until the 22nd, which kind of sucks; everyone else will already be gone.

Me, some friends, and Ryan saw "Rent" on Saturday night. I thought it was pretty good; my friends that aren't familiar with the music thought there was too much singing, but I, being pretty familiar with the soundtrack, thought there was not enough. There were a ton of spoken lines in the movie that were sung in the original, so it threw me off a little. It stayed pretty true to the musical though; it only cut a few things out and adjusted the time frame a bit. I thought Rosario Dawson looked and acted the perfect Mimi, but her voice wasn't as strong as the girl who played her on Broadway. The majority of the actors were from the original, though, including Anthony Rapp, who plays Mark, and who was Darryl in "Adventures in Babysitting," a classic. Ryan and I also saw the Nutcracker at the Boston Ballet on Thursday. It was really good, and we had awesome seats. I just wish it had lasted longer.

It's really really cold here. There's supposed to be "ice pellets" on Friday, and more snow after that. There was a thunder blizzard last Friday; it was frightening. The wind makes my skin burn though, not good. Luckily my thermal tights keep my legs nice and warm.

I'm so ready for Christmas!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ready for Christmas too. Unfortunately I have a huge stack of exams and papers to grade before I'm done.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my adventures in paradise site.
Have a great day!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home